Are You Being Poisoned by Your Amalgam Fillings?August 14th, 2009
The Environmental Protection Agency and the American Dental Association strongly recommend that amalgam fillings be treated as a biohazard before being used on a tooth and after being removed. If amalgam fillings are too toxic to be disposed of through normal measures, what could possibly lead anyone to believe that it’s safe to have them in your mouth for the rest of your life?
With all the sources of toxins that exist today, including our water, air, food, and many of the personal care products that we use on a daily basis, we certainly don’t need a constant source of toxins right in our mouths. Amalgam fillings are just that!
Your Amalgam Fillings are Emitting Mercury Vapors
It’s well known that mercury is highly toxic in excessive amounts and that modern pollution is making such toxicity more and more common. Despite this, amalgam fillings containing mostly mercury as well as other potentially toxic metals are still commonly used. Research has shown that amalgam fillings emit mercury vapor at a significant level. According to the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology, if you can see the vapor, it’s at a level that is 1,000 times higher than the limit that the EPA has set for air.
Any type of stimulation to an amalgam filling, such as heat, chewing, grinding, and brushing your teeth, increases the amount of mercury vapor emitted for at least an hour and a half. Using special photography, the IAOMT has clearly demonstrated with a 25 year old amalgam filling in an extracted tooth that it doesn’t take much stimulation at all to provoke a steady stream of visible mercury vapor to be released.
Your Amalgam Fillings May Be Poisoning Your Entire Body!
A study involving the insertion of an amalgam filling in the mouth of a sheep revealed that mercury from the filling spread to the sheep’s jaw, stomach, liver, and kidneys within just 30 days. Significant amounts of mercury eventually spread to every organ in the sheep’s body and resulted in a strong indication of kidney malfunction. The same type of study was done on a monkey and led to similar results.
In addition to the neurological and many other types of issues that mercury toxicity can cause, it’s a significant risk to a fetus. The sheep study showed that mercury was directly transferred to the sheep’s placenta and spread to every part of the fetus. After birth, the amount of mercury found in the baby lamb continued to increase through the intake of the mothers milk.
This research provides alarming evidence that the amalgam fillings in your mouth may very well be contaminating the rest of your body, and for pregnant women, could be a significant risk to the health of the fetus.
Unnecessary Drilling Destroys Teeth
To fill a cavity with an amalgam filling, a portion of the tooth much larger than the size of the cavity must be drilled away. Even without concern for mercury toxicity, this is a significant threat to the structure, health, and longevity of the tooth, and according to the IAOMT, is not the best approach. Alternatives are available that are free of toxic metals and don’t require additional destruction of the tooth.
The Smoking Teeth Video
The following video, produced by the IAOMT, clearly shows the shocking amount of vapor that emits from a stimulated amalgam filling. It also discusses the research referenced above and explains a better alternative for filling cavities.
How to Protect Yourself from the Risks of Amalgam Fillings
The most important measure you can take to avoid the risks associated with amalgam fillings is to clean up your diet, especially by avoiding sugar and refined carbohydrates, to prevent any new cavities from forming. If you already have a cavity that needs to be addressed, or would like to have your amalgam fillings replaced with something safer, seek out a biological or holistic dentist who doesn’t use mercury. You can find such dentists through the International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine.